OUR 7-STEP PLAN FOR A SAFE AND REWARDING HOLIDAY TO COLOMBIA
- PLANNING YOUR HOLIDAY
With many offices closed and social distancing measures in place, we still make it easy for you to talk to an expert about your holiday:
- Face-to-face, via Google Meet– just get in touch to arrange an appointment with one of our expert travel teams.
- BOOKING YOUR TRIP – GIVING YOU FLEXIBILITY
We understand that flexibility and financial security are a significant concern when you book your holiday, which is why we have adjusted our booking terms to offer you maximum flexibility to make changes, should you need to do so.
Read more here: VAMONOS flexible booking policy (https://www.vamonos.com.co/en/flexible-booking-confidence
- BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
Behind the scenes, our team is working hard to ensure every aspect of your holiday is planned with your safety and security in mind.
- UK FCDO advice
We monitor the FCDO advice for Colombia and all of Latin America, to ensure we are abreast of the latest UK government advice.
- Monitoring local situation
We are also in constant dialogue with our partners and local governmental bodies throughout Colombia and are monitoring changes to local regulations so we are ready to make operational changes where needed.
- Local medical facilities
We can reassure travellers that medical facilities in much of Colombia are of a much higher standard than many people imagine. Access to high quality facilities and qualified care, in the unlikely event it is required, is rarely an issue for visitors, except in the most remote regions. Medical care is often provided on a private basis and hence adequate travel insurance is essential.
- PREPARING YOU FOR DEPARTURE
Before you go, we will help you prepare by giving you up to date information on:
- The current situation in the places you are visiting
- Where Covid-19 tests are required prior to departure
- Relevant arrival health forms or apps you need to complete before you go
- Travel insurance
Comprehensive travel insurance which includes both medical and cancellation cover for Covid-19 is essential; be sure to take proof of cover with you as you may need to provide details on arrival.
- SETTING OFF
- Ensure you have all the necessary documents with you, including your travel insurance and proof of your negative Covid-19 test where needed, for all travellers.
- Remember, you’ll need to wear a face covering from your arrival at your departure airport until you reach your destination. It’s recommended that you change your face-cover every 4 hours, so make sure you bring enough with you, as well as a personal bottle of hand sanitiser.
- At the airport: Strict safety and cleanliness standards have been introduced in airports worldwide, and many are currently quieter than before the crisis. We recommend you arrive early to allow for additional checks and to aid social distancing.
Many of the airlines we work with have produced information on the measures they have taken to ensure your journey with them is safe, including details of enhanced cleaning, their highly effective HEPA air filters, and the use of masks on board.
Find out more here:
- WHEN YOU GET THERE
At VAMONOS we continue to work closely with our partners throughout the country to make sure that you have the most enjoyable travel experiences possible, with all necessary health and hygiene protocols in place throughout.
- Expert guides will make sure you’re informed of the latest situation on the ground, including local regulations and give their recommendations on the best way to organise your days to maintain the highest standards of Covid safety.
- Transport will be regularly sanitised, with drivers and guides using PPE throughout. Where appropriate, we will use larger vehicles to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Local flights
All local airports are keenly focussed on ensuring passenger safety, with social distancing and cleanliness measures in place.
All our hotels have introduced strict Covid safety standards for hygiene and staff training. Before we reconfirm any booking, they must meet our Covid-safety expectations.
- Visiting public places
Some of the more popular tourist destinations may have new restrictions placed on visitors to allow everyone to visit safely. We will do all we can to ensure your enjoyment and safety, arranging visits for the quietest times where possible to enable social distancing throughout.
Your personal responsibility
Of course, we all have a personal responsibility to look after ourselves and those we encounter when we travel, so we ask that you are a considerate traveller by following local guidelines and advice.
- WITH YOU, EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
- Travel, by its very nature, has always carried a degree of risk. While we do not pretend to have all the answers, or to be able to control every encounter, we will do all we can to make sure your health and safety is a priority through every step of your holiday.
- When you book with VAMONOS, you travel with an operator with over 40 years of contingency planning, so if things change locally, we can adjust your trip quickly and efficiently. We have a dedicated team of more than 50 people working in Colombia that will assist you in case there’s any contingency.
- Testament to this is our great customer and local partners’ feedback. For more than 30 years we’ve been constantly recognized by specialised magazines and associations as one of the companies who has consistently put the customer first throughout the challenges that travelling through Colombia imply.
We are passionate about Colombia and crafting the sort of incredible travel experiences which will ensure you also fall in love with this amazing country. As part of this, your health and safety is wrapped up in everything we do.
When we plan your holiday, we take care of the details, so that you can travel with confidence.
We will do all we can to prepare you for your trip, and help you decide whether you feel comfortable to travel.
From your first encounter with us, until your safe return home, we will do all we can to ensure a safe and enjoyable holiday, filled with personal, authentic, and unique experiences.
If there is anything you are unsure of, please get in touch.